Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saving Randall II

Randall bought a Triumph motorcycle earlier this year. It's a really sweet, mean looking bike. He decided to ride up to Norcal a few months ago and on his way back, about halfway between SF and LA his bike broke down (pretty much an exit outside of Kettleman City). This happened around 3 pm. I get a text from him telling me that his bike broke down. So, after work I head home and grab my brother and my roommate's tie-downs, drive to pick up his gf Joyce and his brother's truck and make the 4 hour trek up. We get to him around 1030 and after finding the bike, loading it up, and getting gas we started heading back around midnight. I got home around 5 and was at work the next day at 8.

.....Today Randall was on his bike to get to Jay's bachelor party. Afterwards he rode to my house where we hung out for a little while. He took off around 5 to go home. I get a call from him a few minutes later and when I pick up I hear a lot of cars in the background. He simply says "Hey Ken, guess what happened?" Needless to say he was on the side of the freeway with his bike broken down. So, of course I was off to the rescue again. Luckily it wasn't a huge problem and we were able to get it working and (i think) he made it home. My adventures with Randall













No comments: