Friday, August 30, 2013

My Shape

10 years ago I took a step of faith and headed down to Argentina for 6 weeks on a short term missions trip. Little did I know that this would be a trip that would shape my life going forward. From that point of my life I developed a heart for the nations, put myself on a track to meet amazing people from all over the world, some of whom are the people I turn to in my deepest time of need, gave me a deep appreciation and love for the Latin American culture and Spanish, lead me to have a heart for the inner city and having meaningful, intentional relationships.

Are you someone who believes that Short Term Missions does not have high value? I would not be the person I am today if I hadn’t taken that small step. Any of the encouragements I’ve said and ministries I have been involved with would not have happened. I would not be able to live comfortably in uncomfortability and my life would have less impact on this world.

It all started with 1 decision to go. What’s God calling you to do? Are you willing to make that small step today so that it can shape you who will be in 10 years?

No comments: